The Survey Results Are In!
A huge thanks to all of you that filled out my 2014 Survey! It's so helpful for me to get your feedback to help me shape what I create for the year ahead. Read on to find out what I've got planned! There were some common themes to arise, firstly, you guys LOVE mindfulness! Good news, you're in the right place! So do I!
It seems as though you also enjoy reading about my personal struggles, triumphs and recommendations for helpful books and resources. I like to approach my life as a bit of an experiment and am always happy to share my findings so I'll continue to do that this year.
Many of you are new around here and I noticed that some of you asked for things that I've already created, so I'll start with those first.
Here are some of the things that you asked for that already exist:
- Self-love meditation - Self-love was the most common request so it's definitely something that I plan to explore more deeply. You can listen to my 20 minute Self-Love and Appreciation Meditation for free or download the mp3 as part of the Invincible e-course.
- Staying in the moment and being present in your life - In 2013 I wrote this post about how bring yourself into the present moment, which was very popular at the time. I do plan to explore this idea again in 2015.
- Self-compassion meditation - I hope to write more about self-compassion this year, but if you're curious about it now, have a listen to my Expansion Mindfulness Exercise which focuses on accepting difficult feelings and introduces a self-compassion technique.
- Body awareness meditation - My Body Awareness Mindfulness Exercise is my take on a traditional "tighten and release" progressive muscle relaxation. It's great for connecting with the present, relaxing and even getting to sleep!
- How to stay motivated and stick to your goals - I recently released the Stay On Track Meditation designed to listen to when you're thinking about giving up on your goals. Also my book Distraction Hacker, although it has a focus on reducing unnecessary screen-time, builds skills in willpower and motivation that can be transferred to just about any area of your life.
- Mindfulness in nature - You can listen to The Mindfulness In Nature Meditation or purchase it here.
Here's are some ideas of yours that I hope to use in one way or another:
- Getting through a work day and remaining mindful/connected/spiritual
- Finding the time to meditate
- Mindful lifestyle
- Mind/body/spirit connection
- Sharing my own story
- Releasing worry, anxiety and fear of being judged by others
- Mindfulness for children
- Taking action towards goals
- Mindful relationships
- Bringing in joy, harmony and abundance
- Chakra meditation
- Healing and managing physical pain and symptoms
- Deep calm and peace
- Letting go of things that don't serve you
Do you have anything else that you'd like to see from me this year? Leave me a comment and let me know!
What are you most excited about?